Tuesday 21 September 2010

And here goes Brixton and not my dream job...

No longer living in the un-London like of Parsons Green, after arriving back from Ibiza (my first time to the White Island, which has developed a need to return before the season ends) I had to make a swift move to a spare room in Brixton. No knife's needed anymore apparently! Although I have been advised to walk home without my phone attached to my hand, a hard task I admit.

New area, new room mates and all without the dream of becoming Junior Press officer at Browns, which I was interviewed for 2 weeks ago! I may not be perfect but don't ask me to call or email with further questions and then not give me the job, that gave me way too much confidence I was in with a chance. I am upset. About the short 20 minute tube journey it would have been, working for a brand I have admired for years, but mostly because I changed my flight costing me £200 so I could attend the interview. That's how much I wanted the job.

...So I still live 40 minutes away from work, which consists of admin tasks for an Italian construction company (to pay the rent) and the only joy I do have at my career taking off is the freelance projects I am doing, of course for free! Finding Your Feet Fashion show will be on again this November with new talent and beautiful established designer's collections and I will hopefully be wishing Kerry Nixon off with a smile as she heads to Paris after our successful launch for the debut collection.

Onwards and upwards...if all else fails, to New York it is in March when the rents up, along with my three years of experience at magazines and newspapers and recent progression into Pr and press officer work that was most recently tested at the Matthew Williamson office (Everyone is lovely there by the way)!

No comments:

Post a Comment